"I don't understand God." "Why am I going through this?" "Where is He?"
I'm reminded of Moses. He went through a severe place of struggle, pain and trial. On that day, he had mountains on one side, the Red Sea on another, and the armed enemies from Egypt behind him. There was nowhere to go! It is comforting to know that God ultimately saved him and His people out of an impossible situation. Nothing is impossible with God.
Robert J. Morgan, in his book "The Red Sea Rules," lists 10 rules that helps us get through a tough place.
1. Realize that God means for you to be where you are.
2. Be more concerned for God's glory than for your relief.
3. Acknowledge your enemy, but keep your eyes on the Lord.
5. Stay calm and confident, and give God time to work.
6. When unsure, take the next logical step by faith.
7. Envision God's enveloping presence.
8. Trust God to deliver you in His own unique way.
9. View your current crisis as a faith builder for the future.
10. Don't forget to praise Him.
"And the Egyptians said, 'Let's get away from the Israelites, the Lord is fighting for them against Egypt!' " (Exodus 14:25)