What Is Your Potential for Recovery?
While not easy to determine whether you lean more towards being more healthy or less healthy, I have some questions below that you may find helpful to reflect on to see your "potential for recovery."
* Do you fear criticism?
* Do you seek approval and affirmation?
* Do you have a need for perfection?
* Do you overextend yourself?
* Do you isolate yourself from other people?
* Do you have trouble with intimate relationships?
* Do you attract or seek people who tend to abuse you?
* Do you cling to relationships because you fear being alone?
* Do you find it difficult to express your feelings?
* Do you fear being rejected or abandoned?
* Is it difficult for you to relax and have fun?
* Do you find yourself compulsively eating, drinking, working, using drugs, or seeking excitement?
* Is it hard for you to trust others?
* Do you have an "over-developed sense of responsibility?"
* Do you find it difficult to talk or visit with your parents for more than a few minutes?
* Are you uncertain about how to respond when people ask about your feelings?
* Do you have difficulty asking for what you want from others?
If you experience unusual struggle or difficulty responding to any of the questions, I propose an answer may lie in "healing and freedom."