Monday, October 27, 2014
Stress Reduction Alternatives
Although anger somehow releases some stress, it's least effective and even harmful. It costs too much. For one, anger can put a huge toll on you physiologically. It's known to damage relationships. In the long run, it harms your over-all health and isolates you.
Let me see, here's my broad list of some alternative stress-reducing strategies instead of anger. Hope it gives you some starting points and ideas.
* Deep breathing and relaxation exercises
* Verbalizing pain
* Recreation and hobbies
* Pillow and bed beating
* Problem-solving activities
* Sports, running, fast walking
* Focused, intense work activity
* Problem-solving conversations