Saturday, May 09, 2015
When At The Door Of Sexual Addiction
Is this man sex "addicted?" The compulsive sexual cravings and activities are certainly strong evidence. The Greek word for "addicted" means to be brought into bondage, much like a slave. Because he is a slave to his sexual passions, then he needs help for his addiction by talking to a therapist or counselor.
What about you? Let me give you a little diagnostic test. You don't need a pen to answer; you just need to be honest. Simply answer "yes" or "no."
* Do you masturbate to images of other women?
* Do you fantasize when a sexy or attractive woman comes near you?
* Do you watch sexually arousing videos or photos in the internet for gratification?
* Do you store nude images of women etc in your cell phone or computer?
* Do you have behaviors that you can't share with your spouse?
* Do you call a hotline for phone sex?
* Do you practice voyeurism?
* Do you have a secret place or closed compartment that you hide from your spouse?
If you have answered "yes" to any of these questions, you are lurking at the door of sexual addiction. Then you're inside the room! Like any addiction, sex addiction is progressive. It starts small. Then it won't go away. It's always asking to be scratched, the itch intensified, seeking relief. But rather than feeling fulfilled, it leaves you feeling more empty.