Sunday, April 10, 2016
Why Join Support Groups?
1. An accepting environment from which to get support;
2. An opportunity to identify with others' stories and experience relief at not being alone or unique;
3. Support and strategies to stop or diminish addictive behavior;
4. Healthy intimacy and friendship with others in the group;
5. A process and framework for recovering from addiction and building spirituality;
6. Promotes honesty and honesty leads to change;
7. Decreased isolation, increased make connections; increased self esteem; increased relationship skills; decreased self pity;
8. Practice real life with real people going through same issues;
9. Great for sharing feelings;
10. A centering tool- a place to lay down your burdens;
11. Minimize your self judgment.