Healing Your Holidays
Therefore, let me offer here some thoughts and tips ont how to survive the holidays:
1. Prepare emotionally and physically, beforehand;
2. Remind your self that it's a passing season and it will be over soon;
3. Don't self-medicate or anesthetize with drugs, alcohol, overeating, partying, sexual acting out to numb the pain;
4. Manage your expectations and realities;
5. Force your self to socialize and not isolate or hibernate;
6. Call, text, or meet your therapist or closest friend when painful feelings get severe;
7. Keep up your physical exercises or workouts (e.g. gym, running, walking etc.), no excuses!;
8. Try to eat less and move more!
9. Eat healthy foods;
10. Reach other people who may be hurting and serve or converse with them;
11. Don't allow people to push your buttons;
12. Pray and read God's Word, get close to and trust God in all circumstances;
13. Remember the reason for the season;
14. Have fun!
15. Practice gratitude and contentment;
16. Educate your self, read self improvement books etc;
17. Focus on your unique purpose in life;
18. Enjoy your hobbies or passions;
19. Connect in new, healthy ways with your spouse or children, family member/s;
20. Reflect on and learn from your past mistakes to create a better you.
21. Always hope, for the best is yet to come.