Doing Your Self Portrait
I’ve questions below that you can answer to help do your self portrait.
Here’s a tip: take notice of any of your answers that carry an emotional charge. It’s a piece in your canvass to help you accurately paint your self portrait.
• What personal qualities do I have that I most like or am the proudest?
• What emotions do I like to experience more but still find elusive?
• What behaviors and feelings did my parent say most approved of in me when I was a child?
• What personal qualities do I most love in others?
• What personal characteristics do I hate the most in others?
You might find it helpful to gather your thoughts on these questions in a journal. In that way, you help your self better mentally picturing your self portrait.
“We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be,” as May Sarton writes and puts it.