Secrets of Your Self:
Saturday, September 28, 2019
12 Steps of Life Recovery
Stephen Arterburn, a well known author, counselor, and founder of the widely acclaimed New Life Live radio broadcast, has a very helpful “The Twelve Steps of Life Recovery.”
Before my pre-professional days, I underwent almost 2 years of a group program using these therapeutic 12 steps.
Take a deep look at each step of these 12 steps. They’re an important “map” for you in your quest for life recovery and wholeness.
Here they are:
1. We admitted we were powerless over our problems and that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. We came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. We made a decision to turn our wills and our lives over to the care of God.
4. We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. We admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. We were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. We humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings.
8. We made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. We made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. We continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
11. We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of his will for us and the power to carry it out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to others, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.