Traditionally, people just make New Year’s resolutions. But most or many, as studies show, don’t end up fulfilling them as promised.
With resolutions or not, a coming new year is always a call for a better self. A better set of habits. A better life.
A real key to this call to make your life wonderful this next new year is to embrace a different mindset.
It’s a mindset open to be filled by what’s “best.” What’s “best” are what makes you happy.
That “best” includes life-giving elements, such as hope, joy, love, thankfulness, truth, grace or forgiveness, among others.
I’m reflecting on some ways that these can be incorporated to make this the “best” new year of our entire life!
Let’s explore ...
• avoid dwelling on things you can’t change or control
• don’t take everything too personally or seriously
• choose your self, don’t wait for others to choose you
• finish a worthwhile project you started
• undertake personal development process to know yourself better
• join a church or community that contributes hope to the lives of others
• exercise, eat, and sleep better
• forgive those who have hurt you and move on
• let go and let God
“ ... whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.” (Philippians 4:8)